It is one of the biggest decisions of your life - choosing the right house to buy, especially when it is your first home. This checklist gives you a heads-up on what you need to know and consider before leaping in and purchasing.
- Searching for a home can be achieved many ways.
- Newspapers (local and metropolitan)
- Real estate agents’ windows and publications
- Friends and neighbours
- Driving around suburbs you’re interested in
- The internet
- realestatebazar.com.bd "search for a home" feature allows you to effortlessly hunt for a property online using a variety of search criteria - specified by you.
- Think about what is important to you and what you are genuinely looking for from a property. This could include:
- Are you single or in a relationship?
- Are you planning a family?
- Are street appeal and the surrounding neighborhood aesthetics important to you?
- Go over the inspection report with a fine tooth comb. Make sure the report was done by a professional organization. For condo purchases, go over the by-laws, and association fees. Don’t take anything for granted... inspect everything!
- Visit the property after all the furnishings have been moved out to be sure there are no surprises. Be absolutely positive the property was left exactly as you had agreed upon in the contract. Many times, things are unintentionally overlooked that could have been spotted in a final walk-through.